footer social

Skip to main content

Too early and then...

March 22, I went to get my ultrasound as per request from Dr. Calazan. I was supposed to get it at Hi Precision Jaka branch but then they told me that a guy sonologist is scheduled. Jie suggested that we go instead to the Las Pinas branch.

When we went there, we were pleasantly surprise that they have a section that is dedicated solely for expecting moms. Called MomMe Care, the place is actually quite nice because we didn't have to wait with all the seniors for blood extraction haha!

We arrived at 10:45 and we were informed that the next doctor would come in at 11 pm. We waited, however the sonologist arrived at almost 12 noon. She was all apologetic and rushed into ensuring those who were in line were quickly attended to. 

When my time came, I called Jie in. She informed me that there is a gestational sac, however my pregnancy was still too early, probably at 5 weeks. Yolk sac was still not seen, including the embryo. I was a bit disappointed as I was hoping to hear Baby Dos' heartbeat. But it was not yet time. She advised me to come back after a week or two for get my next ultrasound.
After hearing this, my excitement bubble faded. I know it was bad of me, but it might also be a a premonition of things to come. 

March 31 was supposed to be my schedule to visit my OB to discuss my UTS. However, on March 30, after a pleasant day with baby JE and Jie in Tagaytay, I went to the rest room and saw some spotting. Dread went down my spine. 

I immediately sent an SMS to Dr. Calazan and she advised me to immediately take Duphaston, a medication meant to make the baby " hold on". 

Duphaston is a prescription drug and I do not have the issued prescription at the time. I informed Jie and we parked in the first drugstore that we can find. I almost jumped out, went inside and asked the counter if I can buy one without the prescription as I left it at home. After some consultation, fortunately they allowed me to buy one tablet. 

Still my fear did not subside. I was googling for anything that would be able to calm me. But all I get were information that made me more anxious. 

She also asked me if I can still come to the office to get an immediate UTS. However, we were still at Tagaytay then. 

After taking the medication, all I can do is pray that my spotting would stop. 

I visited my OB the following day and asked me to repeat the UTS and gave me a request again for the procedure. She also ordered bed rest for a week for me. She also asked me to take Duphaston 3x a day. 

With regards to my bed rest, frankly, I don't know how to broach it in my office. Is it that serious? Being the positive me, I was thinking I do not need to have a bed rest. I was considering all my meetings and was thinking if I can schedule  my bed rest the following Thursday after my big meetings. 

The following Monday, April 1, I talked to my boss and informed her about my condition, as well as the need for me to rest. I promised her that I would work from home too. Not because she asked it of me, but because I also want it. 

We agreed that I would start my bed rest by April 4. I also talked to our HR manager and informed her about my scheduled leave. 

On April 3, however, my spotting returned....